School's core values is the classic Grundtvigian Folkehøjskole can be elaborated as follows:
The teaching is organized so most facets of life is illuminated, thus becoming the broad general nature. Life Information is one keyword
"The living word" is expressed through all the forms of expression, present offers - and the future allows.
Dialogue is conducted between equal partners.
History is our ballast. The present is our reality. The future is our opportunity for development.
Popular culture is an expression of the way people organize their life with all its possibilities
Democracy is a necessary way of life, based on understanding, acceptance and tolerance
It's about you!
At Djurslands Folkehøjskole, we all think that everyone is entitled to a high school stay - even mentally disabled! Here there is room for everyone. Here you can find different subjects and electives. Perhaps the "slim line" is just for you! The school generally focuses on healthy diet and exercise, but if you choose this subject, you will learn even more about health and well-being.
The high school offers different main areas:
* Health and lifestyle
* Outdoor life and sport
* Drama, visual arts and music
* Media and society
So whether you're into dumbbells or artistic, you'll probably find something here! And, of course, the social is also in the lead. Going to college is meeting others, giving something to the community and getting something from there. You will meet a lot of new people and some will know the rest of your life. Although the focus is primarily on you, social is also really important at Folkehøjskolen
STU - Specially adapted education
You can take part of your STU education at Djurslands Folkehøjskole. Here, STU modules are offered for a half or a whole year, and the course will contribute to your professional learning and personal development. There is also a great focus on the social and your intercourse with other students. You must work with your classmates and learn how to handle challenges with them. You will learn to take responsibility and the school will help you to find yourself difficult. That way you will be ready for life after college.
The school's value base is of the classical Grundtvigian Folk High School:
- The teaching is organized so that most facets of life are highlighted and thus become of a broad general nature. Life education becomes one key word
- "The living word" is expressed through all the forms of expression present-and the future allows.
- The dialogue is conducted between equal parties.
- The story is our ballast. The present is our reality. The future is our opportunity for development.
- Folkity is the expression of a people's way of adjusting his life with all its possibilities
- Democracy is a necessary form of life, based on understanding, acceptance and tolerance
Drammelstrupvej 15, Tirstrup 8400 Ebeltoft
Telefon: 87 52 91 20
Djurslands Folkehøjskole's website