How to get delicious food when you are at SU
When you do not have a lot of money in your pocket, it can be difficult to eat delicious food. But in this guide, you will find tips on how to pamper your taste buds without having to shell out.
Cut back on your budget
In order for you to be able to spend money on food, it is a good idea to set a monthly budget so that you also limit how much you spend on e.g. takeaway. Here are some tips to help you keep your budget in check.
- Become a vegetarian - when you are at home
Even if you are not a vegetarian, it is a good idea to become one when you shop. Meat is much more expensive than vegetables, and therefore it can be an advantage to skip the meat for a few days. At the same time, it can cause you to come up with some more exciting dishes when the dish has to revolve around vegetables.
- Look for specialty newspapers and food waste
It may seem obvious, but remember to look for the offer newspapers. There are almost always offers in various supermarkets, so be sure to take an extra look in the newspaper. You may also be lucky enough to find foods that have been put down due to food waste. There are often more exciting foods than just cheese and milk, so do yourself the favor of looking at the food waste shelf.
- Always have dry goods on the shelf
It is always a good idea to have items like rice, lentils and groats at home as it is easy to make a quick meal with them. It costs almost nothing and they do not mold quickly as meat and vegetables do.
A delicious recipe
Here you get a delicious and easy recipe for a lemon paste, which you only have to pay 24 kroner for. Yes, you read that right.
You will need:
- Pasta: DKK 7 (It can be any pasta)
- Lemon: 5 kr.
- Grated parmesan: 12 kr.
Then you need to:
- Boil the pasta in lightly salted water for the time stated on the package
- Grate the lemon and squeeze out the lemon juice.
- Mix lemon peel, lemon juice and parmesan with a little oil and pepper.
- Turn the pre-cooked pasta into the mixture - and voila! Then sprinkle a little extra parmesan on the pasta.
Here at Studenterguiden, we love discounts, and you should definitely take advantage of them as students. When you need to be a little nice on it, you can e.g. get student discount on sushi and enjoy a delicious meal with your friends or family.