10 ways to enjoy blackberries this summer
Summer is the time when you can enjoy fresh, delicious fruits like blackberries. Here are 10 fun and easy ways to enjoy blackberries this summer.
- Eat them as they are! Blackberries are perfect as a healthy snack or dessert. Just put a few pieces in your mouth and enjoy their delicacy.
- Add them to your favorite yogurt. Top with granola for a hearty breakfast or snack.
- Make a blackberry smoothie. Blend blackberries, milk and yogurt to get a refreshing treat.
- Use them instead of blueberries in pancakes or muffins .
- Make a fruit salad with blackberries, melon and grapes.
- Add them to chicken salad or use them as a topping on grilled chicken or fish.
- Stir them in oatmeal or cold cereal products to get an extra boost of flavor and nutrition.
- Make a blackberry sauce for ice cream or to top your favorite dessert with.
- Use them instead of cherries in a fruit pie or a crumble.
- Enjoy a glass of cold blackberry juice or wine on a hot summer day.
No matter how you enjoy them, be sure to utilize the blackberries while they are in season.
What are the health benefits of blackberries?
Blackberries are a good source of dietary fiber, vitamin C and K as well as manganese. They also contain antioxidants that can help protect the cells from damage. Research suggests that blackberries may have health benefits, such as improving brain function and reducing inflammation.
There are many ways to enjoy blackberries during the summer months. Eat them fresh as a healthy snack, or add them to smoothies, yogurt, cornflakes or chicken salad. You can also make a blackberry sauce to top your favorite desserts with. Blackberries are a good source of dietary fiber and vitamins C and K. They also contain antioxidants that can help protect the cells from damage. Enjoy all the delicious and nutritious benefits of blackberries this summer.